View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #15
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I drove by a local dealer yesterday to see if they had a G22 4 series since I haven’t seen the new 4 shape in real life yet. Sadly they had none.

Honestly there is not a single BMW that excites me even a little from looking at them. The 8 series including the M8 should be on top of a list of cars doing that but it just isn’t. It’s plain and boring looking. The front is the big let down as it was with the i8.

Actually the M5 does have some presence but not the 8.

Nothing like the old 8 series or the E60 M5 days when the cars just made me drool in the show rooms. I suspect the G8X will bring some of that back. And to be fair a visit to the Porsche dealer is pretty similar, only the GT cars styling evoke the right emotions from styling alone. The Taycan is the worst but the non GT 911s aren’t much better. Plain and boring stuff until you get behind the wheel...
I think I know what you mean. I decided I needed at least a part-time rear seat instead of a C6 Vette and wanted a sports coupe or sedan as a daily driver.

Thought about the new 992 and even my wife gave the go ahead on that, but I nixed it because I could not justify $140K and then there is the reality of what a midwestern daily driver really needs to be. Spent months looking at absolutely everything out there. Considered the Cadillac CT5V, but something just didn't fit.

Drove the M340i and really liked the ride and performance for a daily driver, but decided that even though I like the styling, I thought it was growing a little stale.

I like the idea of EV and the Tesla performance, but the Teslas need a styling refresh.

I saw the pics of the i4 but decided to wait a few more years for batteries to be sorted out. Then I saw the release of the G22 and decided that the styling was fresh for a BMW, and unlike some others in here, I can still see the heritage in it that I loved about the E30. So I went on the limb with saw in hand and ordered the M440i.
Appreciate 1
solstice5457.50