Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Lol, what are your credentials? Are you a pro racer? Funny how professionals who race cars for a living don't share your delusion.
Triggered much?

How many M's have you owned? How many other cars to compare them with? Every generation cars get heavier and more insulated. This is driven by safety requirements, market preferences and manufacturers desire to broaden appeal/market reach. Every other manufacturer goes through the same process with their performance vehicles including Porsche, Ferrari, etc. Better numbers, less engagement.

The M2 has now taken the place of the earlier M3's in BMW's lineup as a performance car with fewer compromises for daily use. Although the G8x is putting up impressive numbers, it is not as engaging to drive. I say this having owned a E36, E46, E90, F82, F10 and F90 iterations.

The M3/4's mission has changed. It is now a performance car for people with families and responsibilities. No longer is it a toy with a ton of compromises in the name of performance. Nothing wrong with that either.
M3 since the E36 was always a compromise my first was an E36 followed by 2 E46's. I never liked the E90 or F80 cars. F80 isnt highly regarded to me since I am an E46 diehard. No need to rehash history to me.

There is no other direct competitor to the G80 that's better period and Porsche is not a direct competitor. There was always better cars for superior driving engagement than virtually all M cars. Unless to you the F80 being the first turbo M3 is what you call a pure driving experience.
Sedan_Clan25113.50