M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Ok on every Swiss M Enthusiast here:

The M4 can be test driven in Dielsdorf !! Ask your BMW Dealer they will make an appointment for you, I will drive the M4 Comp on Saturday !
They do forbid to make videos or pics from driving....Understandable in some way as they seem to be the only one in Europe offering already a test drive.

Oh my gosh i'm super excited and will tell you how it was !
Seperate Thread maybe ?
Anything specific to watch when driving it ? Sorry i'm no car reviewer so I have no Idea what you guy want to hear...
That's interesting. Definitely come back and post your impressions. It'll be even better if you can test drive back to back against an F80/F82 and see what feels different. Do you know if the test drive is on a closed circuit or on public roads? If on public roads you can get a friend to secretly film you from another car

Here are some things I would look for during the test drive:

1. flooring it from a stand still to check for delay/lag to properly launch. But considering this is RWD and temperatures may be low it may not be a smart idea and they may not even allow that

2. find some nice twisty road and see how to feels and whether the weight increase is noticeable. Toss it left and right.

3. check the speed of shifts and also if upshifts are nice & fast close to redline

4. any input on exhaust note and how it changes in different modes and let us know how pops & bangs sound on upshifts & downshifts

5. if it has carbon buckets how comfortable are those to get in & out, and during the drive.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0