View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 11:16 AM   #100
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Just to make sure we are on the same page.

OEM mode, the exhaust button controls interior sound, exhaust valve open amount, and the exhaust burbles. It either turns them all on of off.

If you turn exhaust button OFF, you get no interior fake sound. NO pops and bangs and the exhaust valve is not open as much.

If you disabled ASD. That ONLY. REPEAT. ONLY removes the fake interior sound. (at least that's how I understand it)

So now that you have disabled ASD. Your exhaust button now only controls 2 of the 3 things. Now the exhaust button only controls if you hear burble pops and bangs and how open or closes your valve is.

NOW if you add a valve controller and override it to FULL OPEN. With ASD coded off. Now that exhaust button is ONLY controlling your burble pops and bangs.

this is all accurate per my testing as well. I will just add that the amount that the button influences the physical valve position seems to be very minimal, which i believe is why many people end up thinking that disabling ASD is also physically affecting the valves. The vast majority of the sound difference (aside from the burbles) that you can notice in the cabin when pressing the button is coming from the ASD.
Appreciate 1
BIGW0RM3207.00