11-20-2023, 11:17 AM   #7
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam12hicks View Post
For future folks on this thread - Speed Shield in Addison is A++. They aren’t the cheapest but I’ve had them do full wraps, custom stripes, PPF, etc and their work is immaculate.
I stopped by Speed Shield. The work that I saw in the shop does look good (to the extent that I am able to tell), but their prices are definitely on the high end.

From what I understand, they use a "bulk" installation method, where they cut the film on the vehicle, rather than using pre-cut pieces. You definitely want the best of the best if you're going to use this method, so the pricing makes sense from that point of view.

Personally, I don't want anyone cutting on my vehicle, so I'll be looking elsewhere.

Honestly, the whole process of finding an installer has been incredibly frustrating. There are a ton of installers in DFW; all of them have web sites full of beautiful exotics (some of which they may have worked on); all of them have huge numbers of positive reviews (some of which may even be real). I'm not sure that's really possible for a consumer to actually judge them.

I'm not there yet, but I may just give up on PPF. At least I have a body shop that I trust for the inevitable resprays.
Appreciate 0