Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
You guys like to bitch about everything.. It's not a new concept, it's a piggyback tune that mostly picks with the slack within the stock mapping, mostly increasing some boost and correcting the fact that the stock motor runs too lean for emissions reasons.

The fact that it's backed by Dinan and not some fly by night company is all I need to know to give it a whirl and keep my factory warranty.. I hope one is available for the G87..
A piggyback is one thing but its a private label of the least sophisticated piggyback out there with the fewest engine connections and least overall control. It's just frustrating because if they are going to do a piggyback, which has historically been "below them", why not at least do a decent one.

As far as I know Dinan does not provide any engine warranty on it....

I'm not sure what you expect for under $600.. The "F" generation Dinantronics units was over $2,000+ with warranty and yet everyone was still complaining about that setup - you damn if you do, you damn if you don't, I guess..

This pricing structure is inline with the product they are offering. The Dinan rep even explained their decision for using a known and tried and tested piggyback hardware, with their own proprietary software, hence the reason they can keep the price relatively reasonable, yet still offer a competitive product in the market. It's the not a "least" product, it's simply their version of same exact tuning tool that's already available.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about here, other than the typical Dinan bashing, which is par for the course with the I live my life a quarter mile at a time flash tuning crowd.
Appreciate 7