Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjokosaus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
A Manual transmission and all your hang ups on the front end are forgotten..

Good see that the third pedal is still showing signs of life in a 2021 MY and maybe it's the thing that would make this model a hit..

I'm really curious as to what percentage of the G8X sold in the US are manual. Hopefully BMW of North America releases some statistics soon.
On the F80 (sedan only) the take rate on 6MT was 28% in the USA, 15.6% globally.

I'm going to assume the 6MT take rate will be much lower on the G80 due to the availability of the higher performing 8AT competition models. Selecting the 6MT in the F80 did not necessitate a compromise on engine Hp and very little difference in 0-60 time. The G80 will push many to select the 8AT AWD model just for bragging rights.

Considering this will be the sunset on the M3/M4 with a manual transmission we should enjoy them! Figure well under 20% in USA and under 10% globally.
Couldn't disagree more. I think it will perform slightly better. The DCT was a great transmission and lured away the causal 6MT buyer. A lot of people are unhappy about the 8AT and will be MORE likely choose the 6MT.

Also, because it is likely the swab song of the 6MT (and the ICE), people will get one last stick shift.

You're right about the power, and that will factor. But on balance, I'm thinking slightly better.
Appreciate 0