View Single Post
      07-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #1
GTS Daddy
#Driver
Rep
Drives: '23 G80x

Denver area, extended try with Carbon Buckets?

Hey community,

I used to be in the BMW community for many many years, but landed into the Porsche community and have yet to see something compelling enough from BMW until the G80. Honestly, I think Porsche is missing out on the opportunity in this 4 door mid-size sports sedan space.

I haven't had a sports car since my manual and modded 997 C4S I sold almost 2 years ago. My Macan Turbo is fantastic and better than most other brands sports cars, but its still an SUV in looks and overall center of gravity.

This G80 M3 xdrive is compelling as an all around replacement for my Macan and has the potential to bring a sportscar back into my life, especially with the buckets.

As great as ventilated seats and the comfort of the std seats would be for my daily commute, those buckets would introduce that "Special" sportscar feeling and provide the flexibility to bring it to High-Plains a few times a year. Maybe this new gen would help me get into the sub 2's!

I have been fortunate enough to drive many generations of buckets from Porsche and Ferrari, but not BMW. While some buckets work with my older (43yrs) back, some don't.

Is anyone around here with a G80-83 and buckets willing to help a fellow car guy out and do a Sunday meet/drive for like 30-60 mins? We would meet on a good driving road and can either switch cars to go for a drive or I can drive with you in your M, whichever works.

LMK

A A ron
Appreciate 0