04-02-2021, 02:12 PM   #18
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
I recently saw a You Tube video where someone was swapping brake pads on an X3M with an electronic parking brake - looked like a royal pain-in-the-a$$.

What are people's thoughts on swapping out to track pads on the G8x? It seems like many other performance cars are going to electronic parking brakes as well - so people who like to go to the track just might have to forget about the good old days of quickly swapping out brake pads - unless you're ok with tracking increasingly-older cars...
In addition to swapping out pads for the track, us "track rats" have another more serious problem as well. The G80/82 shares the calipers of the X3M/X4M and Competition models. For those of us who prefer to use something other than BMW pads (Hawk; Powerstop; Stop Tech; etc.) there is no other company I have been able to find that manufactures track targeted pads for these cars. Seems that there just hasn't been much demand for track pads for the heavier cars that share these brakes.

I for one sure hope that this changes and soon with G80/82 drivers looking for track focused pads.

BMW G80/G82 Pad#s: Front 34-10-8-093-705 Rear 34-20-8-093-728

Addendum: Has anyone else been thinking about this as we get closer to break in, and the lure of the track becomes overpowering? And while I am at it, I will throw in stainless steel brake lines. Here I am assuming that the brake lines for the X3M/X4M, and perhaps the F90 M5 will probably fit the G8XX as well, but I cannot find a single company that makes these in stainless. Anyone out there have info?

Last edited by Boomer 2019; 04-24-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5894.50