pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I was cross shopping Mercedes, but...

1. When I went into the dealership and wanted to test drive, they couldn't have cared less. I spoke to one person who said he'd get a sales guy over to talk to me, and I waited 20 min before just walking out. All the while, at least 3 sales guys were having a laughing / joking convo halfway across the room. Contrast that with me going into the BMW dealership, telling them I wanted a test drive, and they hooked me up with a BMW Genius who spent half the day with me test driving different cars with different option packages (w/ and w/out the adaptive suspension, 440 vs M4, different seat packages / audio packages). Let me take it on a freeway loop to replicate parts of my commute that I hate, everything. Absolutely sold me on the car from a brand customer service perspective alone, without even trying to sell me anything just letting me explore the options I was interested in.

2. Friend of mine went from an X5 to a Benz and ditched it after less than a year and went back to BMW. Another friend with a Benz is in a lemon law case with his for a recurring mold in the AC vent issue. Customer service was barely amicable at best with both of them. The one with the lemon lawsuit still loves the cars as a brand, but mainly because "my whole family is just a Mercedes family".

Meanwhile my brother's been super happy with his M235 for years and his 318 before that; my cousin's been loving various M3s over the years, multiple buddies with M3 / M5 / X5s over the years, just way more smiles and better customer service all around.

To me, that's worth far, far, far more than "blah blah dead horse pig snout".
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I was cross shopping Mercedes, but...

1. When I went into the dealership and wanted to test drive, they couldn't have cared less. I spoke to one person who said he'd get a sales guy over to talk to me, and I waited 20 min before just walking out. All the while, at least 3 sales guys were having a laughing / joking convo halfway across the room. Contrast that with me going into the BMW dealership, telling them I wanted a test drive, and they hooked me up with a BMW Genius who spent half the day with me test driving different cars with different option packages (w/ and w/out the adaptive suspension, 440 vs M4, different seat packages / audio packages). Let me take it on a freeway loop to replicate parts of my commute that I hate, everything. Absolutely sold me on the car from a brand customer service perspective alone, without even trying to sell me anything just letting me explore the options I was interested in.

2. Friend of mine went from an X5 to a Benz and ditched it after less than a year and went back to BMW. Another friend with a Benz is in a lemon law case with his for a recurring mold in the AC vent issue. Customer service was barely amicable at best with both of them. The one with the lemon lawsuit still loves the cars as a brand, but mainly because "my whole family is just a Mercedes family".

Meanwhile my brother's been super happy with his M235 for years and his 318 before that; my cousin's been loving various M3s over the years, multiple buddies with M3 / M5 / X5s over the years, just way more smiles and better customer service all around.

To me, that's worth far, far, far more than "blah blah dead horse pig snout".
+1000

Same. Exact. Experience. Had to plea a client out in Central FL. Wife and I decided to make a day out of it and drive to Orlando. Her lease was soon to expire so we decided to hit the MB dealer next door the the mall.

1st Insult: A bunch of people standing around doing nothing except refusing to help customers.

2nd Insult: MSRP quote on a base level AMG GT 4-door.

3rd Insult: Money Factor Marked up to hell. Like literally 7% (something like .00280).

4th Insult: Asshole finance manager who wouldn't come out of his office to greet us. Even when we said we were ready to buy he was "too busy" in a practically empty dealership. And when this gaping asshole does finally show up, he's a complete dick. The kind of person you hope catches a rare cancer. The kind of person you'd throw a cinder block if they were drowning. No redeemable qualities whatsoever.

5th insult: CA didn't have business cards. Nice "kid" but seriously? You're selling $100K cars and you have to hand write your info on a torn off piece of 8 1/2 x 11? GTFOH.

Compare and contrast BMW. Sure you'll encounter this but on the whole, save the outliers, I feel like BMW actually wants to sell cars. Merc wants your first born and a go at your wife just to get a price quote.
Appreciate 2