01-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #14
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Could not say this any better. When market forces return and rebalance supply, demand, and price points, consumers will begin voting with their purchasing dollars (or currency of choice). It will be illuminating see the sales statistics from BMW and BMW's competitors. I see eye-opening numbers and "how do we fix this" dialogs in conference rooms.
Also, BMW actually has cars right now. Few options missing here or there, but when we were test driving to buy our X7 recently, BMW was the only place that 1) had one for me to drive and 2) I could place an order and have an actual time frame to get it.

Mercedes discontinued the GLS580 and had one preowned GLS450on the lot to drive.

Infiniti only had preowned QX80s (not that I was seriously considering anyway but my wife wanted to try since it was her car) and they would only be getting 1 in next month at a lower spec, if you ordered it could be 4-12 months to get a car if at all.

It's pretty much the same across the industry, BMW again while removing options faired much better than most automakers.

I put a preorder in on an F150 Lighting for fun since it was only $150, and just got a note that it's very possible I won't even get to build an order until the end of 2022 to the beginning of 2023. They were supposed to start taking those at end of 2021.