View Single Post
      01-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #7
rmh12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Convertible

anecdotal data point. I've never shopped/owned a luxury brand before this summer. Now once I decided i wanted a cabriolet sports car, the options narrowed significantly. That said, Mercedes and BMW were the only real options (Porsche cabriolet was out of price range).

So (this is gonna sound real millennial of me) all I had to go on was online reviews and car vlogs. No one had any cars to actually see at the dealerships. Couldn't test drive, couldn't touch, feel or see the materials. Had to wait 4 weeks to get one that was in transit to a dealer 300 miles away.

I'll say this.. every car manufacturer needs to double down on their website. If that's how we are going to shop and buy cars in the future, these manufacturer websites are trash.

They are good marketing content but they lack the ability to really explore a vehicle in detail.

Most of BMWs pictures on the website are crappy over saturated hype pictures or poorly detailed CGI.

Just look at the BMW individual configuration site. Looks like something I built when I was learning PHP in 1999. How are you suppose to get excited and chose a $5k paint option with such terrible pictures?

What manufacturer has the best website you think?
alphawawa190.00
akkando5863.00
The_Werm212.00
francton126.50