kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
STUNNING!!! Personally, I love the wing, it's a coupe, it's a fast car.... what's wrong with it?!

Question though, the wing is only listed as being compatible with the M3. I'm seeing part #51192475051.

Is there another part # for the M4 that I just can't find on the shopbmw site?
I don't know what the part number is, but I have the option codes for all the M Performance parts and the price for having them installed at port (it's a little higher than the price of the part itself but significantly cheaper than doing it later unless you're providing your own labor).

I've attached the list to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Also, this is port installed right? I couldn't option anything on the exterior except the M Carbon Exterior Package, which now that I think of it, is kind of a waste to pay for the trunk lid that I will need to remove to get the Wing.

EDIT: I just noticed you got the M Carbom Exterior Package too... so what do they do with the old trunk lid? Did they just give that to you so you could keep it in your garage? Could you "sell" it back to the dealer or get a discount on the wing? On that note, did you negotiate the price of the wing and side skirts?
Everything is port installed. The carbon lip spoiler is 'gone with the wind'. The port keeps it probably or tossed it as it was already installed once (and can be compromised in the uninstall process?). You're writing off whatever value is in the smaller spoiler - I didn't want to be in the business of trying to sell a "used" spoiler to a tiny market of M4 owners.

There is no negotiating anything. They wouldn't budge on the price and the parts that I didn't get were ones that I dropped as part of negotiating (totally one-sided negotiation though - like talking to a wall). I'd have got them at port if they dropped the price a little. Not a dollar.

Instead I'm getting them installed for "free" now by my detailer as part of a full body PPF job. I've not had the car since the 6th, and now I only expect to see it on the 20th. And then it's getting tint, swapping tires, installing a dashcam and radar detector. And then, I'll be set until summer.
Attached Images