12-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #27
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
I was going to get a body shop to install it ($300-$500), but I asked my detailer if they could do it and they said yes*. I'm doing a full body PPF + windshield protection + ceramic coat on wheels/brake calipers, and they're projecting it'll take 2 weeks to finish.

*they'd previously told me to come with it installed, but when I took the car to them in person, they were very excited to see it and were able to fit me in immediately (same day) and said yes to whatever I wanted installed, vs. being scheduled out a month or two for just PPF.

So my detailer's going to install:
- front splitter
- rear winglets
- side markers
- door sills

Most of the above is "free" given disassembly already required (like door handle removal and reinstall, remove wing + reinstall, etc.). But they are taking me to town on the total cost (13K; painful but I have to commit given how 'invested' I am at this point). There's a place that does it cheaper (~$8K) but I don't know about the quality of PPF work at the other place unfortunately. The other place did window tint for me before on another car and left cut marks on my windshield that they then polished out. So yeah... I'm paying a substantial premium for quality and peace of mind.

But I guess I'm getting some relief from the higher labor costs associated with even port installs on the extra parts.
That’s quite the high price. The highest I was quoted for full PPF is 7k and that’s for Stek PPF which is the best. Unfortunately the shop I use only does Xpel but still around the same price.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
kjx3189.50