View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #160
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I ran 650 Torque for about 2 months and nuked 4th gear I knew it was on the clock but always planned on building at some point. Depending on how you drive a GTR will also determine the tranny upgrade. If you are launching 10 times a week, you better over build for your power. I would assume the Beemers will be the same. If you track it hard and drag race often, it will break sooner or need to be built up a bit. I understand people feel good about the tranny now and maybe they should be. I need to see an AWD M car with 800-850 ft lbs launching and beat on before I can say it's going to be fine. If you are only doing some 60-130 pulls once in a blue, you may be just fine. Time will tell
I believe it! I raced quite a few GTR's back in the day with my 335, the GTR's are quick when the owner has money but if hes just another guy affording that monthly payment you can bet its on stock twins. The twins max around 600, clutches start to slip past 600tq, engine throws rods past 600... That barrier is literally in the 10's of thousands as compared to a couple grand getting it to 600. Like you said, you can probably hit 650 on stock everything but what's the point, you're flirting with a big repair bill or going all out and that means you probably have mega bucks to spend and already on your way to an 800+awhp monster.
Appreciate 0