01-11-2021, 12:18 PM   #68
X5MMMMM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Hi together,

So as promised I will tell you my first impression of driving this beast.
I was lucky to test drive the car, in Switzerland they already offer it at the Driving Experience Center from BMW in Dielsdorf.
It was the M4 Competition in Portimao Blue with the CB Seats and Black interior.

I refer to the questions from M-SPORT in my original thread "My G80 Order".

1. Flooring from the stand
Unfortunately i wasn't able to test it from 0, but I did a "rolling start" from about 20 Km/h all the way up and it reacted pretty quickly with the downkick, so would say good.

2. Twisty roads
Depending on what steering conf you have (comfort or sport) it reacts very different. the comfort is very smooth but still quiet "direct" so you alway know where you are pointing and the car does what you tell it to do. Sport is harder, directer. Not as good as in the Giulia (as comparsion) but still very good imo.

3. Shifts
The shifts are very quick, doesn't matter if up or down you don't even feel it really it's just there. So would say a good job with the ZF !

4. Exhaust sound
So first of all I like the sound. not too loud but a good sound especially in the sport plus modus. You can now switch the interior forced sound manually off with a button on the console which is pretty nice imo. In the stand if you open the windows you hear it very good and a clean sporty sound. Can't really compare with an F80 as there was none there.

5. CB Seats
Don't know why in the other thread people complain about it. I'm quiet chubby (1.78m, 97kg) and I felt very comfortable in it. You stick in the seat, you can electrically change like everything, also the cheecks on the side which where on the max for me of course but I liked them! only thing may "bother" is the carbon "thing" between the legs. When you move your leg you can feel it. It doesn't hurt nor is it uncomfortable but you feel it. During the driving I didn't really notice as I was concentrated on other stuff...so my opinion:
GO FOR IT! It's worth and they look incredibely beautiful !

p.s. getting in and out can bother as you have to take care and kind of "jump" over the edge..the leather will wear out if you "slide" always in and out. So a negative point...

6. Additional from me: Suspension

The suspension was awesome. In comfort you didn't feel the humps of the street (ok to be fair the streets in switzerland are like the best in the world haha) and in sports you really could feel everything and the car was very stiff. also shooting the car in the corner it was stiff as hell and I was always in control of the car. And i'm no professional racing driver...so you can give it, hard...the car can and will take it. I would also say how you feel in the car, the car actually begs you to run it high. BUT:
You do feel the increased weight, thats physics...but they did a lot to help it sort it out the issue with the stiffness of the car if you know what I mean.

Overall conclusion:
If you buy it you certainly don't do anything wrong. The grill will grow on people, trust me...seeing in person is like seeing a different car.

Happy weekend !

Attachment 2502647

Attachment 2502648

Attachment 2502649

Attachment 2502650

Attachment 2502651

Attachment 2502652
Best looking M4 yet...amazing the difference a certain color with all the CF bits can make!
SOLD: X5 35i - Oxford Green w/Brown
SOLD: 530i - Titan Silver w/Black
Appreciate 0