View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 12:17 PM   #67
blackmamba3
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3, 2020 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
First off, I'm glad that it took 3 pages for someone to mention the grill. Meaning we can generally talk about other aspects of the car now.
Second, the G8X is not "better in almost every imaginable way." That's simply hilariously wrong, in almost, every imaginable way. Outside of the looks, which are objective, the new car gained a substantial amount of weight and no longer comes with a dual clutch but a traditional automatic tranny. The brakes are substantially smaller. Let's not go overboard here.

OP, thank you for the honest review. Were you blown away by it? Would you want to replace your current car with it or would you want to try something else altogether? You mentioned the Guilia, did you drive the QV? If you did, can you give us a comparison between the two?
I stand by my comment based on my personal experience owning three F30s, two F80s, a F87, and now a G20. The new platform is, indeed, an improvement in almost every way when compared to the previous generation. It is bigger, rides better, handles better, with more safety, technology, and better overall fit and finish. When in Sport Plus, the ZF in my 330i shifts almost as fast as the DCT in my F80 and is more livable for everyday driving, so I'm not worried about the move to an automatic...

We will see once all of the professional reviews come in but on paper, the G8X has a lot going for it, despite the weight gain, so it seems silly to harp on the subjective grill and small rear brakes. But then again... I suppose these two excuses will be just like sound was for the F80, which didn't stop BMW from selling more of them than any M3 that came before.

Like I said, haters are going to hate!
Appreciate 6
AlexFL7834.00
solstice5456.50
khanyam4801.50
Nkr151122.00