01-11-2021, 01:12 AM   #44
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
antzcrashing

yes exactly, the last one was the steering!

solstice
I know what you mean. Of course the F31 is a lightweight compared to the G82...
In my opinion when daily driving this car you don't feel much of the weight, how could you to be honest. I felt it slightly in the corners. As it was a test drive on normal streets I couldn't use the car like on track but I just got the impression that if you move this car on the track you will feel the weight.
As they told me the increased weight comes from the additional struts on the car to improve the stiffness (had to use google translate on this, hope you understand).
So as I said, the car feels very stiff when cornering and I felt the car and the street, always being under control and that's what I personally want/need from a sports car.
Good observations and information here, great to hear significant efforts are made to stiffen the chassis. It was Senna’s gift to the NSX, he pretty much told them nicely that the car was sh*t when he first drove it. Honda stiffened it up 50% and the rest is history

Not good that you suspect the car will feel cumbersome on the track. That always translates back to the street, otherwise you wouldn’t have made that observation and comment. Though maybe it can just be exponential robustness, grip and stability vs your F31 you noticed. The front tires alone can make the car feel “heavy” at slow and moderate speeds, add the wide track and it’s no longer so sure what you felt is going to translate as mainly heaviness instead of stability at the track.

Last edited by solstice; 01-11-2021 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0