View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 12:15 AM   #42
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
I understand that people can't take my "review" somehow serious because of the car I own, but just to say that doesn't mean I have never driven a performance car.
I drove several times the N55 (in a tuned stage as well with over 440bhp) and the B58 which are cars owned by friends of mine. So I at least have this as reference, altough it's a couple of months ago. And did you drive the Giulia QV?
Don't think anyone can say this car has no power.

Of course i'm not an F80 owner and would be better if someone who owns one compares them. I just wanted to share my impression with the car and I absoloutely love it. Push the throttle and you get pressed in the seat. Breaking power is awesome, cornering is awesome. I tried to write down what I felt what in my opinion is important like stiffness, comfort and most important CONTROL of the car.

I got absoloutely blown away by the power of the car, for sure one who drives a 911 GT2RS thinks "meh" when sitting in an M3/M4.

I smiled, all the time. That's what I wanted and I got it. I hope you guys can get a ride soon and share your impressions, very interested in reading different opinions!

p.s.
there was a question about CF Trim and Portimao Blue:
In person it looks stunning! I go for the CF Package, interior and exteriror. Also in the interior it matches very well with the black interior.
And Portimao Blue fits this car veeeeery good. In the show room was also a SPY M4, I liked the Blue much more on this car.

and p.p.s.

Consider that impressions are always subjective.
I am not a professional car reviewer, I just thought you guys might be interested to read a first feeling from a forum member, didn't want to trigger anyone
I take your observation seriously but I needed a reference to certain aspects as when you say you can feel the increased weight. That doesn’t mean much unless I know what your reference is. It doesn’t need to be an F80, if I’ve driven your type of car which I have as a loaner (sedan version) it suddenly become tangible.

And an overall wow factor ALWAYS count

Last edited by solstice; 01-11-2021 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 0