CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
When I found my GT4, it was the spec I wanted but has PCCB's. I thought YOLO and bought it anyway, plus I was curious to try them. They feel fantastic on track, great initial bite and feel massively confidence inspiring. By far the best brakes I have ever experienced. I would quite happily run them if they weren't so ridiculously expensive. I have a the full Essex AP BBK incoming for next season, then when I retire the car from the track I can put the PCCB's back on. Might be placebo but that car feels so light on its feet, unsprung weight probably has something to do with it.

I've seen some reviews, Turbo does look mega. It will be blisteringly quick. I'd find it hard to get one over a 991.2 GT3 though, I prefer the experience of a naturally aspirated engine.

Can you spec the turbo with sport buckets? Do it if you can, brilliant seats and keep you nicely pinned through the corners.
I agree about the visceral feeling of a GT3, I'd love one too. I had an opportunity to drive a 991.2RS on track, pure bliss . But I am looking for a dual use car, one that can serve the daily duty as well as the track addiction, and the turbo seems to fit that bill very well.

Yes, the CF bucket seats are offered on the turbo-S. However they only come with rear seat delete (likely because they can't tilt forward I assume), which is a no-go for me. I need the rear seats to schlepp the kiddies around.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Montaver2177.50