Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
The turbo has had fantastic reviews, looks like an absolute weapon. Excited for you! What made you go for the Turbo over Turbo S? Might go spec one on the configurator now over a glass of wine ��
Thanks, I am very much looking forward to it. The reviews are indeed great, saying it almost feels like a daily drive-able GT2. It is those reviews that got me into it as I was originally looking at 992-S.

Short answer: 25k USD and PCCB

Long answer: I've gone back and forth between the base and S multiple times. There is much less difference between the base and the S on the 992 than there was on the 991. It's basically the same engine just with a different tune and you can add all the options to a base that are standard on the S (doing so would be stupid though, might as well get the S at that point). So from a chassis perspective, the way I am speccing, I am getting the same car and I figure 580hp should be plenty for my use. Also, since I intend to track it fairly frequently, PCCB are a no go. So I would need to buy aftermarket iron rotors right off the bat if I were to get an S. And last but not least, it gives me something to move up to after the warranty expires .

You'll need more than a glass for the configurator, speccing Porsche options is bottomless pit
When I found my GT4, it was the spec I wanted but has PCCB's. I thought YOLO and bought it anyway, plus I was curious to try them. They feel fantastic on track, great initial bite and feel massively confidence inspiring. By far the best brakes I have ever experienced. I would quite happily run them if they weren't so ridiculously expensive. I have a the full Essex AP BBK incoming for next season, then when I retire the car from the track I can put the PCCB's back on. Might be placebo but that car feels so light on its feet, unsprung weight probably has something to do with it.

I've seen some reviews, Turbo does look mega. It will be blisteringly quick. I'd find it hard to get one over a 991.2 GT3 though, I prefer the experience of a naturally aspirated engine.

Can you spec the turbo with sport buckets? Do it if you can, brilliant seats and keep you nicely pinned through the corners.
Appreciate 0