CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
The turbo has had fantastic reviews, looks like an absolute weapon. Excited for you! What made you go for the Turbo over Turbo S? Might go spec one on the configurator now over a glass of wine ��
Thanks, I am very much looking forward to it. The reviews are indeed great, saying it almost feels like a daily drive-able GT2. It is those reviews that got me into it as I was originally looking at 992-S.

Short answer: 25k USD and PCCB

Long answer: I've gone back and forth between the base and S multiple times. There is much less difference between the base and the S on the 992 than there was on the 991. It's basically the same engine just with a different tune and 2mm larger compressors on the turbos, and you can add all the options to a base that are standard on the S (doing so would be stupid though, might as well get the S at that point). So from a chassis perspective, the way I am speccing, I am getting the same car and I figure 580hp should be plenty for my use. Also, since I intend to track it fairly frequently, PCCB are a no go. So I would need to buy aftermarket iron rotors right off the bat if I were to get an S. And last but not least, it gives me something to move up to after the warranty expires .

You'll need more than a glass for the configurator, speccing Porsche options is bottomless pit

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 01-23-2021 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0