View Single Post
      03-26-2023, 12:14 PM   #9
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I can’t watch the NBA. I try really hard, and can’t do it. No defense, 3 pointer, after 3 pointer.
100% agreed, and now this 3 point cancer has infected the NCAA. I tried to watch some of the tournament this year, and it's horrible. If I wanted to watch this nonstop 3 point bullshit I'd go to the local YMCA and watch a bunch of old timers just chuck 'em up. All I hear from this generation is how much more athletic they are, more gifted, etc. Then all I see is 100 shitty 3 pointers per game, zero defense, and not a single person on the court who can take 5 steps without carrying, walking, double dribble, etc. I think the last traveling violation I’ve ever seen called was when Westbrook essentially walked the ball to half court. I don’t fault him at all for thinking he’d get away with it. I don't think there's a point guard in the NBA now who is capable of not constantly palming the ball. I get the refs don't want to slow down the action and I agree, but what are the point of rules?

Horrible.

Zion Williamson is the one exception, that kid is unbelievably exciting. Rarely shoots threes, drives to the rim constantly, has incredible moves, basically has it all. Unfortunately, he cannot seem to keep his face out of the Big Macs and nobody has told him a 280 pound person jumping 40 inches in the air might not exactly set a record for longevity. I hope he can somehow stay healthy in the years ahead, but it ain't looking good.

Last edited by NickyC; 03-26-2023 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
ASAP10182.00