View Single Post
      12-11-2021, 07:21 AM   #34
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
It's my job . . . and I don't like the X3M. As others have already opined, the X3M40i should be all anyone needs. If you want a sports car, buy a sports car. The rough ride and tire choices in the M make it a no-go for anyone in a climate where there is a real winter and who wants to actually drive this car without a new set of wheels and tires. And the ride quality is simply awful.

Had a 2020 Macan traded on an X3 so we had them both here to compare. The 4-cylinder in the Macan is awful. Had a lady drive it coming out of a 2020 MB GLC300 ask what the noise was and I told her it was the noise in her previous Q5—which she had hated. She wanted something smaller than her Mercedes but the Porsche dealer next door didn't have a Macan, so she drove our 2020. The Macan, despite its cramped interior, was longer than her GLC. She thought the X3 was too large and smooth after driving it, until we parked all three together and she realized the X3 was more accommodating inside while actually coming in shorter than either of the others. She ordered a new X3 and just picked it up yesterday.

And don't get started on the ergonomics of the Porsche. I sold Porsche for 20-years alongside BMW before they became an SUV company, and the stupid array of switches in the current models is ridiculous. I understand they are finally addressing that for 2022. About time.

Took a Tesla dual-motor Model Y in-trade yesterday on an X3M40. Two-months old with 4k miles. What a piece of junk! The buyer's second Tesla—after an S. Quality drives him away, and not meeting range specs. Seat trim broken in two months. Interior looks like (as one customer put it) "I walked into my apartment and someone had stolen everything in it". A cheap car to buy and sell immediately right now, given the odd used-car market, but why bother? Really! I have to use the touchscreen to open the glove box? I'll keep my 6-speed 128i M-sport, thank you.

Last edited by BMWCCA1; 12-11-2021 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 3
chassis6552.50
CJ4211559.00
stein_325i25083.00