AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yes, 2021.

The F32 4 Series and F82 M4 don't end production until mid-2020 (and the convertibles go even longer - until late 2020). G22 will start directly after the F32 ends, while there will probably be a year or so gap between the F82 and G82. So, mid 2021 is a good bet.
Thanks for making this a new thread.

Crickey, it really is quite a way away then. The plan was to jump from E92 to G82 but I might need to re-think then as that's a way off. It feels like the F-series has been around for a long time now and is need of a refresh, not saying its a bad car by any means though.
Of course, details still seem to be quite scarce but over time we might be able to piece together bits of the car...engine in X3M which will arrive first (will this give us an indication of sound!?), transmission choices still seem to be up in the air, interior styling cues - not sure which vehicles we could take this from...7 series? Interior might not be drastically different.

Will look forward to seeing more info on the next gen. I hope itll be a good sounding car and drive well with less traction issues experienced in the current M3/4. I just wonder whether this is a realistic expectation...to me in videos the F10 and F90 M5 sound very similar though interior is definitely a nice upgrade.

Cheers
Appreciate 0