BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
I would commute in the FRS.

I know the M3 isn't a Ferrari, GT3 RS, or McLaren, but it sure is to me.

I have a plug in Prius prime to do my 18,000 - 20,000 miles a year worth of commuting in. It's comfortable, economical, solo occupant carpool lane friendly, and gets roughly 800 miles to a tank with tons of driving assistance to make long commuting doable.

The M3 is my fun car. My weekend car. My "Ferrari". There's no way I would put 20,000 miles a year on a $100,000 car. Everyone's situation is different, though.

When I had my 2016 M3, I had a cheap Chevy EV I would use in carpool lane for carpool access here in CA (and also had my raptor).

My two cents anyway.
I'm a bit the same way. I have my "daily's, then i have my "fun cars".

Right now i have an SUV to daily, then i have my c7 z06 as my fun car as well as my crotch rocket which is also a "fun toy" that i take out on occasion.

The reason why i got the M3 was because i wanted to have another fun car that i can use more than i use my c7 z06. Which is weekends only. While the M3 won't be used as a full time daily driver, it will get driven more than the corvette but not as much as my actual daily SUV. If that makes any sense.

Basically if i wanna go have fun after work, for example on a wednesday at 7pm, i'll go "hoon" around in the M3. Sometimes i'll take it to work too and sometimes i'll take it out on the weekends. But that's basically why i got it. It's a lease so i will take advantage of the 10k per year but i'm still going to be selective about it.
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4855.50
JDUNITNOW3561.00