05-21-2021, 04:35 AM   #84
xman11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3, r53 mcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyJ View Post
...I also have a 991.2 gt3 manual and a 992 tts on order. I have a g80 m3 zcp now as a daily and I find it far more fun, mainly because it's much more usable and feels like a hammer (vs a scalpel). The 992 is much more precise and has higher Limits. It's also much less tail happy. The m3 sounds better stock and also has a better motor IMO. That being said, the m3 is not special enough to be a weekend car and one would be better suited in a 911 for that. For its intended purpose, the m3 is outstanding and far better than the f80 zcp I had in 2018.
^^ this. Reason to have multiple cars, for those with understanding partners or just dgaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inductive View Post
Maybe I'm the only one that would pay the $50K price differential simply to not have to see the G8X pig nostrils.
Always enter from the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
I would love a 911 to have as a garage queen, but can't justify that sort of money to be used once a week (although I'd have no problem spending more on a boat that I'd use less frequently, so what do I know).

For me, the M3 just ticks every box I have. I have 2 car seats in it, I use it every day for drop offs, grocery runs etc., it has 3 pedals, and am lining up a track day for it shortly. What the hell other car can do that?
Any manual transmission sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
I have a tuned F90 M5 and I still daily my 992 more often. Anyone here trying to "justify" a G80 over a 992 is just too poor to own one. Enough with the 'ticks all the boxes' nonsense already.

I used to be of the same mindset and until I drove a 911 I "got it".
Go read Rich dad poor dad and fix your mindset!
Then buy a 911 like this guy did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
The point I never agree with in the M3/M4 vs 911 debate is the characterization of the 911 as an "all rounder"/"daily driver" . The 911 to me is just a toy car, it is an excellent toy and does accomplish its two goals amazingly 1) driving experience and 2) Exclusivity/luxury

Considering the 911 does not have to compromise for everyday practicality it should be dynamically superior to an M3/M4. I think it is great to use as a bar for what BMW can do with the M twins considering the functional requirements of the platform. I never understand the comparisons where one looks at a missing feature or dynamic "failure" of the M3/M4 and says "welp now i am switching to porsche" as if the two vehicles are interchangeable

for me a true daily driver has to be useable everyday of the week, with the 911 you can never
-take yourself and friend to the golf course along with both bags of clubs, really you cant even take yourself unless you are clown and put the clubs in the cabin on the passenger seat (would this count for HOV status?)
-self and partner for week away, at least not the way my wife packs
-self, partner, +1 child for anything but an in town trip (if you disagree tell me where the stroller goes lol)

The 911 however does
-dominate back roads
-dominate swagger in bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the office
Great post. I agree with the part “I never understand”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I have contemplated selling my GTR and M4 and grabbing a GT3. My buddy has a 2019 Miami blue one and I love it!! So, that's what I would want. Just haven't pulled the trigger. Luckily, I can use his every once in awhile
If you only had a M3, you could rm the R and M then concat your GTR and M3 into a GT3.
I'm sure there's a script out there that can do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
You’ve driven a 992 GT3 ?
Maybe he’s a security guard like these guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyJ View Post
...All that being said the 992 is a purpose built sports car.
Damn straight. The purpose of making money!

Last edited by xman11; 05-21-2021 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: merging multiple posts
Appreciate 0