View Single Post
      05-21-2021, 02:05 AM   #80
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yes and no. You make some very valid points, but there is nuance. If you're a diehard MT lover, that rules out Turbos and the base Carrera. Basically you have the Carrera S or step into a GT3, and that's a much larger step than the $50k number you mentioned.
Very good point. 992 S 7MT is a unique offering and fits outside the above somewhat. I’ve driven a few manual 911s, and have been impressed with the boxes they put in older GT3s and GT3RSs and Turbos (with the sport shifter option). Massive upgrade over what BMW M puts in their cars. I recall rushing to my local Porsche store years ago to drive a just-received 991.1 7MT with full intention to buy and left without it (might’ve been a non-S, don’t remember). The short, mechanical throws and stiff clutch pedal of the GT cars were replaced with much less aggressive hardware far better suited for daily driving. Solid, but not “special”.

I’m assuming the 992 S box is likely a big improvement over that one (and hopefully has a sports shifter option). Will try to find one to drive to form an opinion on it. Regardless, the delta between that and a 6MT GT3 is probably $60-100k right now for 991.2 and double the money (or greater) for 992. Makes the 992 S 7MT a great deal. I see you’re getting one; nice! Congratulations in advance.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25181.50