Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
....and many have decided to buy the G8X. Many F8X or previous model owners are ditching their cars for the G8X.
Oh I'm sure you can find many but the portion is less than previous years. My point was the push back against the G8x (styling in particular) by BMW loyalists, including those I know not on any public forums, saying they will look elsewhere for their next car have been greater than in the past. I won't get much support here because I understand many of those have been banned from this G8x forum.

I, for one F80 owner, have been buying BMW's pretty well my whole driving life, will likely buck this trend for the first time in decades with my next car. I am far from alone, not trying to be negative but that's the way it is. BMW is betting they can more than make up for this loss by attracting new buyers, I suppose especially from China, to maintain their volume growth trend. I'm sure they've done their market research so maybe they are right, but I am still at a lost as to why BMW is alienating their base when it doesn't have to be this way.
There is no way that you can quantify that. You aren't armed with enough information to do so, and three weeks of the car being available isn't sufficient. People are paying up to $20k mark-up on these G8X's here in SoCal.

...and who/what comprises the base you speak of? Many of us have owned multiple E46, E9X and F8X M-cars. Are we not the base, or are we only included if we champion the demise of the G8X?!? I see new buyers purchasing the G8X as well as tenured buyers. The base is the group that buys the cars, and that's never static. BMW always loses buyers every time a new ///M is released, but they also gain new membership. Many people ditched BMW as soon as the company went turbo, but many people came to the brand for that very reason.
Appreciate 5
solstice5459.00
bri10425972.50
Scorp!on1514.50
Puuhapete145.00
02M3ForMe4266.00