View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 01:40 PM   #75
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I hear you guys, and I get the sentiment. Simplify and add lightness makes a lot of sense from physics and financial perspectives for consumables.

If I had a dedicated track car, I would go for something light and built specifically for the purpose. Perhaps something like this Rush SR.

https://rushautoworks.com/car_post/rush-sr/

But then I would need a trailer, a truck to tow it, and place to store it all. As it is, I drive to the track and drive the car home at the end of the day if I did things right (that's the prize). And the second prize is if I achieved some driver mod, and a new personal best lap time.

So being limited to 200 thread wear street legal tires, and not having too much time to work on the car, and needing a back seat to pick up my kid after school ... the light choices are unfortunately VERY limited.

Thankfully the heavier options still feel great, and offer very competitive performance, while being fun on the street. Given my goals and how I get my kicks, this makes the most sense to me.
That's why the SS 1LE makes so much sense. I just haven't been able to force myself to pull the trigger on one, even after scaring a salesman on a test drive a few years ago.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
RM72892.50