View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #48
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks for providing that data, solstice.

One other thing to be aware of: F32 430i/440i have a standard 8AT while the F82 has a standard 6MT. That accounts for part of the difference in the listed weights. While, as xlover points out, there are regulations governing automotive weights and measures, F8x 6MT sell-through was likely high enough to warrant its inclusion in the advertised weight. For the F3x, likely not. Hence the 8AT was standard on those cars (and for the new generation is no longer offered at all) and surely included in their weight figures.

We'll see how it all shakes out but I believe that even the RWD 6MT G82 is going to gain at least 50 lb. over a 6MT F82. The AWD 8AT Competition model is almost sure to touch 3900 lb.
Agreed and I think most including me will be happy with a 50 lbs or less gain and I would count that as within “good indication”

Note: I intentionally used the AT numbers for F32 due to the exclusion of MT in G22. The op was a comparison of F32 vs G22 platform as indication of 4 series platform weight gain.
Appreciate 0