Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl1by View Post
I have run 5 days of 140 - 160 miles per day of "spirited driving" and a total of 9700 miles on the original set of pads. I am pretty close to the wear sensors on the rear and will be getting a new set when the 10000 mile service is done.

Looking at "Blue Stuff", but the OEM seem like a really good all-around pad.
Track driving creates very high brake temps that cause the street pads to melt, and smear on the rotors, causing much lower friction coefficients. stock brake compounds are made to have high "cold bite".

You cannot generate this kind of heat outside of a track environment unless your doing full throttle to 130 then panic braking to 50 over and over again for 30 mins straight. Thats the kind of abuse the track does to the car, coupled with turning at the limit of grip on tires.

Conversely track pads are very very hard, and cold will wear very quickly when on the street due to their design to have high friction at very high temps of +600f. These type of pads will also grind your rotors down with repeated street use cold.

Blue stuff is a hybrid that has good high temp track grip and cold street grip. Not as good in the street as stock, and very dirty. Its also wearing my front rotors a bit. But they grab really well when hot after bedding in and burning off the solvents.
So I did Fade 1 and 2 bedding so far. The end of fade 2 the brake fade was REAL BAD. Is this common?
You have to get them hot. Theres a lot of solvent

If you have not smelled them you haven't done the job.
Ok so I think I did the job then as they were strong. But the fade is normal?
I experienced fade on track when first bedding them. It went away after a few high speed braking zones, and then they were good without fade afterwards