View Single Post
      07-23-2022, 09:22 AM   #80
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

For 9 months I used BMW OEM pads on track. They were the only thing available at that time. The fronts held up fine for a street pad, and I eventually got 9 track days out of them. These cars however have a heavy rear brake bias, and due to this and the small size of the rear pads I was unable to get more than a single track day from the rear pads. Several times I had to leave early, and once I failed to pay close enough attention, melted all of the pad material, and ground the backing plates into the rotors.

My point is that if you are going to use these pads on a track you need to pay very close attention to them regardless of the thickness of the material. Brand new (12mm) can go to 0 very rapidly, and 6mm can vanish frighteningly fast.

Ultimately you need to switch to more robust pads. Thankfully there are now alternatives available. Do your homework, and no matter what you chose watch them like a hawk.