View Single Post
      12-08-2021, 12:23 AM   #422
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022m3xvan View Post
So today I decided to cancel my week 40 order. This was a incoming unit built by dealer that I put down deposit in November. However, I entered another build fresh from the start but this time with much less option to keep the car under 100k car msrp to avoid luxury car in Canada starting next year.

The m3x I previously ordered was probably the highest spec with frozen paint, carbon seats and exterior, ccb, etc. The msrp was 126k Cad before taxes. The car was built week 40 but my SA today just told me its still at Bremerhaven waiting for some parts, probably RAM recall, which I found it ridiculous. The car has production date 10/7 and today is exactly two months my car is still in Germany like WTF. He then told me I will most likely get the car in February or March 2022, which in my opinion is unacceptable because my ETA was 12/10.

Anyway, so I decided to transfer my deposit onto a fresh new build today. I know there is price increase of $2700 in Canada next year. Although its still 2021, my production won't start until 2022 so I will have to pay $2700, which I am fine with. In order to avoid the luxury car tax rate starting next year, I kept the car under 100k msrp. Well, it was actually 102k msrp with the new 2022 base price but my dealer was able to give me 96.6k msrp to help me out. Some of the options I chose were green paint, red calliper, 825m rims orbit grey and carbon interior trim. Yes, that's all I selected. I didnt even choose premium package or any other packages. My dealer told me the ETA for this build will be July 2022 but I am fine waiting till October 2022 plus I might get the 50th anniversary badges this time if Canada does get it.

Overall, the difference in wait is like 6 more months between the white one and my new current order. I am totally fine with it since I am saving like 30k all in, of course with much less options but is still a m3x. I just wanna let you guys know that for anyone in Canada with around week 40 or even later production, the latest you can get your car will be February 2022 or even later. I am quite disappointed but I am willing to wait longer and save 30k cash
I'm not sure the luxury tax is even confirmed for January 2022 yet. If it does go into effect, the original build you had incoming at $126,000 would have incurred a $5,200 tax - but the price increase of $2,700 for 2022 cars would mean that you'd only be paying a $2,500 premium. For some people, this would have been worthwhile to get a car in Feb/March instead of July onwards.
But if you really wanted a completely different build then you should get what you want.
Appreciate 0