View Single Post
      07-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #372
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by somer View Post
One of the easiest solutions would have been to make the gearing much longer on these ZF boxes. It has some of the shortest ratios of any ZF equipped cars that I've looked into in 2018 at least when the F90 came out.
Closer ratios is certainly one of the things I found problematic, combined with more power and a turbo engine (the shifts seem to come much more frequently).

This probably doesn't matter if you largely drive in full-auto and use the paddles for an occasional 'kick-down' or short-shift. But if you're trying to do *all* the shifts yourself (both up and down) then it feels pretty frantic, in my opinion. Any small lag is noticeable, and any wrong gear choice can lose your boost.

It's hard to imagine exactly what this would be like in a track setting - e.g. if I need to drop 2 or 3 gears under hard braking going into a corner (I couldn't come close to that in a test-drive situation on regular streets). Quite possibly the car would do a better job of it than I could ... but that would be no fun. :-(
Appreciate 1
somer966.00