View Single Post
      01-15-2022, 09:20 PM   #31
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I would not buy a car with a moon roof and subjective color like this if I was planning to trade it in in 6 months. Maybe the dealer will just give you book value but I'd imagine this is the kind of spec that would need a certain buyer in the second hand market. It's not going to have broad appeal, definitely more niche, especially with the moon roof and general combo

It's the kind of spec you buy if YOU love it
You're right, and those were my thoughts as well. I'd be fine losing $5k, but I'm sure I could get burnt and lose $15-20k if things conspire in an unfavorable way for me (the LCI comes out before I get my ordered car, nobody wants this spec, the chip shortage eases up, etc.), which I really don't want to do for a few months of driving this. Ah, I'm dying to get into one of these -- can't believe the market is as insane as it is! It seems I'm lucky now to be number 4 on the waitlist at MSRP -- other dealers either seem to have lists that are extremely long (which mine now does too) or are charging above MSRP for allocations.
Appreciate 0