View Single Post
      01-15-2022, 06:50 PM   #29
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Really considering this, and would be all over it if it had the DAPP -- this will be my one and only car, and I use adaptive cruise control on a daily basis, so not having it would be a huge bummer. IMO, it really should be standard on a $90k car at this point, but that's a separate discussion. I'm tempted to pick this up anyway just to get into an M3, ordering exactly what I want, and then trading it when the ordered one comes in (I'm currently number 4 on the waitlist, so I'm guessing I'm 4-5 months out if I get really lucky, but with the chip shortage, potential LCI, omicron, etc., I'm sure it could be close to a year if things don't go my way). That's risky, as I don't really want to take a $10k hit if used prices return to something resembling normalcy, but who knows, the market for these could get even crazier. Anyway, thanks for sharing it!
I would not buy a car with a moon roof and subjective color like this if I was planning to trade it in in 6 months. Maybe the dealer will just give you book value but I'd imagine this is the kind of spec that would need a certain buyer in the second hand market. It's not going to have broad appeal, definitely more niche, especially with the moon roof and general combo

It's the kind of spec you buy if YOU love it
Appreciate 0