View Single Post
      02-22-2022, 06:53 AM   #80
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I run a little different than most people on this thread. I spent 20 years in the military. I thought it was a good idea, at the time, when you don't know what you want to do.

I ended up retiring, about 10 years ago, from that, and now I'm onto my second career. I spent 10 years married, and another 10 recovering from a divorce. Now, 15 years after getting divorced, I'm finally living my better life.

Son, graduated from HS, last year and is onto college, I'm on my 3rd brand new house. I live in California, albeit in the Sacramento area, houses still aren't cheap. $600k-$700k in my neighborhood. My 3rd brand new house, will be 5 years old, next week and I live on a 1/3rd acre, in a 5 bedroom 3 bath, close to 3K sq 1 story.

I'm closer to $200k a year and than I am to $150k, but it's taken into my mid 40s to get here. Kids, divorce, child support, etc. Everyone has a different path, but my only suggestion is attempt to make as many calculated decisions as possible.

Do you have any idea where you want to be in the kid department? 32 is semi late to be starting a family, if you're not even married. Where do you want to be with that?

I plan on retiring in the next 10 years, and currently sock 14% away into my retirement accounts. I also have a military retirement, full medical, and I'm 80% service connected.

So, that's about $3,700 a month retirement, that I already have coming to me, before any of my income is included. I use that for house and cars, and my regular income is what I live, invest and stack my other retirement accounts with.

Everyone's avenue is different. Without kids and marriage figured out. You're stacking car debt on top of house debt without deciding on the most expensive decision, which is marriage and kids. Get your bottom heavy decisions figured out so, your Jenga puzzle of life, doesn't come toppling down.

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 02-22-2022 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 3
chicagofan0019296.00
Salespunk1746.50
jmg18867.50