View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #118
moomeacow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Swee View Post
This may be some encouraging news from a C&D article. Quote from the M chief van Meel:

"The BMW M2 Competition still has the manual for a reason, because in the U.S. we have more than a 50 percent take rate on manual transmissions for the M2," he said. "Buyers vote with their wallets for manual transmissions. Now, being an engineer, I would say from a rational standpoint that even though the manual gearbox is lighter than an automated gearbox, it uses more fuel and is slower, so it doesn't really make sense . . . But from the emotional standpoint, a lot of customers say, 'I don't care, I want to have one.' As long as we have these take rates on M2, and also the M3 and M4, we're going to offer manuals, because we listen to our customers. Even though as an engineer I'd say we don't necessarily need one. If demand is so high, then why not fulfill it?"

Original thread: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1519913
van meel isn't with bmw anymore so what he said is just what he said lol, also makes sense to offer it on the m2 as take rate is 50 % on m3/m4 its more like maybe 15%
Appreciate 0