View Single Post
      09-21-2021, 01:19 PM   #8
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brpnw17 View Post
I just saw this color in person on an M4 xdrive and was surprised by how dark it was in-person, even in the sunlight. I really thought it was going to be a beautiful candy apple metallic hue in direct sunlight but it was more a deep maroon metallic and when the light was hitting just right, it had a momentary candy apple feel. If you are looking for a color that is more of a metallic candy red rather than a beautiful deep maroon hue with hints of black, this isnt the right color for you. So many of these G8x colors are extremely hard to get right in pictures! None the less, really a striking color and looks amazing on the G8x cars. Im sticking with IOMG, but was really excited about this color until i saw it in-person, since i was hoping for more of that candy apple red metallic to pop out and would be a deep maroon most of the time living in the cloudy PNW.
I agree with you here, the weather/climate will affect how the color is portrayed. Where I live it, its so bright and the weather is brilliant so I have been able to truly capture the car in the bright sun but I will also post more pics in the darker situations where the paint darkens and the flake tends to get hidden.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0