View Single Post
      09-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #49
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Bah, didn't realize this was an old thread... I'll leave my post here anyway...

If the only two options are ceramic coat or not (meaning PPF isn't an option), then absolutely yes, do it.

I did the Ceramic Pro Gold on my 2017 M4C, with the wheels off and calipers done as well. Not only does the paint look like you're looking through glass, but washing it is incredibly easy. Soap it up, let it soak, pressure wash, rinse, and blow dry. Hit it with some detail spray and wipe for any small spots (this isn't absolutely necessary because Ceramic Pro is self cleaning, but I'm pretty OCD about it). You're done. Never have to polish or wax. Do note that for the CP Gold you do have an annual maintenance on it that needs to be done or your lifetime warranty will be voided. It's a couple hundred a year, but makes the car look like it did the first day it was applied when done properly.

Like others have mentioned, the paint correction was a good chunk of the initial cost, but well worth it.

With all of that said... for my 2022 M4CX I'm going to do XPel Stealth with the XPel ceramic coating. I'm only doing the ceramic coating on the XPel because I absolutely love how easy ceramic coatings are to clean.
Attached Images

Last edited by m4ml; 09-13-2021 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Old thread that was resurrected.
Appreciate 0