01-06-2021, 01:41 PM   #38
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
That's interesting. Definitely come back and post your impressions. It'll be even better if you can test drive back to back against an F80/F82 and see what feels different. Do you know if the test drive is on a closed circuit or on public roads? If on public roads you can get a friend to secretly film you from another car

Here are some things I would look for during the test drive:

1. flooring it from a stand still to check for delay/lag to properly launch. But considering this is RWD and temperatures may be low it may not be a smart idea and they may not even allow that

2. find some nice twisty road and see how to feels and whether the weight increase is noticeable. Toss it left and right.

3. check the speed of shifts and also if upshifts are nice & fast close to redline

4. any input on exhaust note and how it changes in different modes and let us know how pops & bangs sound on upshifts & downshifts

5. if it has carbon buckets how comfortable are those to get in & out, and during the drive.
I have no idea if it will be on public road or closed road But if on public road i try to ask my brother if he can make a sneak video or something, as long as I don't have to sign a paper with which they could sue me

I took notes from your points, thank you ! I try to get all impressions as much as possible as I don't know if it will be on a public road. If so be damn sure I will hunt this car through good pieces of road I know there

Especially the CB Seats are interesting for me as they are in my Order but i'm a little chubby and this COULD be an issue (or a motivation to lose weight haha).

Will write down my impression on Saturday, really looking forward to it ! altough it will be the comp and not MT (I ordered the MT) but main purpose for me is to get e feeling of the steering and weight.

*edit*
it has the CB seats for sure and it is the Portimao Blue M4 which you have recently seen in the picture thread. I knew the place was familiar when I saw the pics...

Last edited by Scorp!on; 01-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50