No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 M850i GC, '23 X3 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Yes folks, it's a car. You get in, you sit behind the wheel, and you drive it. You don't hover above the road on a precious magic carpet and watch the front end as it rounds the bend, reveling at how fetching you look with your perfectly proportioned grills.

The folks who have a positive outlook on this car aren't posers. They are enthusiasts who want to drive an exciting vehicle. Remember that? Driving? Or you can get all wrapped up in a single objectionable styling element, forget what being a car enthusiast is, and spend your time fist bumping it with your BFF's who also cannot believe that Becky wore that color of green today.
Is it really THAT insane of a concept that people spending $70k+ dollars on something might want it to drive/handle well AND look good?

It's far more than a single objectionable styling element. Obviously the grille is drawing focus because it's the most garish. But you also have the other aero elements that are reminiscent of pep-boys stick on parts, the fender flares on the rear that look like a JDM body kit. And even more noticeably for me... the rear door crease on the M3 that looks like someone attempted to crowbar the door open.

I get that style is subjective and I've got no issue with people who actually like the new M3/4, but I do find it incredibly bizarre that people cannot understand the disappointment in a car that mechanically performs well(presumably, as we've not driven it) but looks like a frankenstein's monster out of a Need for Speed game.
Appreciate 0