09-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #13
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The irony in posts like this is as thick as it gets.

It's one of the very last high performance sport sedans with a manual transmission. Or it's the first M3 with AWD for those who've been waiting for that.

Yes folks, it's a car. You get in, you sit behind the wheel, and you drive it. You don't hover above the road on a precious magic carpet and watch the front end as it rounds the bend, reveling at how fetching you look with your perfectly proportioned grills.

The folks who have a positive outlook on this car aren't posers. They are enthusiasts who want to drive an exciting vehicle. Remember that? Driving? Or you can get all wrapped up in a single objectionable styling element, forget what being a car enthusiast is, and spend your time fist bumping it with your BFF's who also cannot believe that Becky wore that color of green today.

How about you go back to not playing the poser card out of turn, and the people who just want to talk about this performance machine go back to discussing that without being persecuted for it? Can we do that?
This is exactly right for me, I hope the car looks good in person because I really want to buy or lease one and I'd prefer being able to enjoy the way it looks but that's not the most important thing to me. I've had a few cars that I thought were ugly but I liked the way they drove my 2007 E90 base model on tiny 16" is an example of an ugly car from every angle but I had it for 55,000 miles and liked it.

Aside from the front that looks ugly in photos and less ugly in videos, the sides, rear, and interior of the G80 look great to me and the fact that I can get a manual RWD or M xDrive (with auto, meh) car with carbon buckets, the S58 engine that's powering lightly modified X3Ms to Bugatti Veyron rivaling 1/4 mile times, M3 level handling, etc. is still pretty exciting to me.

Some of us don't buy an M3 so other people think we're cool, believe it or not.
Appreciate 1
yousefnjr6159.00