View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #31
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
So the video reviewers (eg joe Achilles) that sat in the car were generally positive about the buckets... most of the "could be uncomfortable" commentary is coming from armchair reviewers just looking at photos

Maybe you best bet is to try to compare your body type to them (please don't over share on the forum lol) and watch some old videos of their driving position and see if you are compatible

Otherwise.... well... you are rolling the dice that bmw prioritized the seats being as comfortable as they are functional for most body types, I would think that is a safe bet
I don't agree with this at all. It's one thing to sit in a car for 5 mins and say "Oh it's prob good for most people" vs having massive back pain after driving on the highway for an hour straight.

This reminds me of when I got to drive my friends 991.1 for the first time. When I got in it, I was really excited as this was the first Porsche I'd really get to drive in the mountains. 30 mins and my lower back was absolutely toast, and I have a pretty high tolerance for painful/uncomfortable car. It was impossible to get comfortable in that car because these were the base seats and did not have lumbar adjustment.

I'd let it slide if this was a classic car or a Lamborghini Aventador type vehicle, but an M3/4 should be able to be driven for 3/4 hours no problem. I'd think BMW would design the carbon buckets to be able to do that, but we just don't have enough info at the moment.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1