View Single Post
      12-16-2023, 08:39 AM   #82
godunovs65
Private
Rep
Drives: Infiniti, G37S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
My f90 had the carbon roof. My g80 has a sunroof. I could go either way. I never looked at either of them.
And your Jeep has no roof. Nor doors. Or at least it was meant to be driven like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
I never buy a car with resale value in mind. For me it's always about how much am I going to enjoy the car. I take the same mindset to PPF. I hate seeing rock chips and so therefore i put PPF on the most exposed areas. Depending on the car and how i'm going to drive it, depends on the type of PPF i'm going to put on it. My GT4 got full body. It was meant to be a total track car and with how low it was and in my area, rock chips are very common. For my M4, it's not as low, dont plan on tracking it as much so it just gets full front PPF. My Golf R only got bumper and hood.
Same here, but probably for different reasons. I buy cars new and keep them for 10+ years, to live without payments and not to have high VA property taxes when it has high appraisal value. And the most important reason, I get used to my car. So, obviously, they depreciate to nearly zero with the 200-300K miles on them. Even regular maintenance, repairs and upkeep cannot bring that price up. Maybe the manual transmission adds desirability. Still, there are 60K miles 6MT cars like mine around kept by people who had resale value in mind instead of having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Get the sunroof if you can fit and you will use it. All other aspects for or against are bullshit.
Yes, I fit and I do use it. Not being able to open it because it's not there will certainly reduce the fun for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop4142 View Post
Carbon or metal.... hard to choose so I went with the convertible. 🤔
I've seen them. They look super awesome with the top down.
Appreciate 0