View Single Post
      01-08-2024, 06:54 AM   #23
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechy6ix0 View Post
Just dropped the rental M4 Comp back off. It wasn’t an xdrive, but that wasn’t what I was looking to test anyways. So I’m going to stick with a manual. It just wasn’t engaging enough from stoplight to stoplight. Car is definitely faster and more composed even despite the higher capabilities. But I just didn’t have anything to do outside of the twisties. It made 90% of the drives purely about the destination rather than the drive. With a manual, every drive feels more like an occasion.
That's how I've felt about it as my 3 year lease comes to an end on my MT. But, I've been hit with an unexpected bit of curiosity as I sit here with my buy-out documents and my checkbook. I've been entirely positive that I want to keep my current car for a long while and all of a sudden I found myself wondering if I should experience the AWD auto for a while. I've looked at a couple of used AWD M4's in the area over the last couple of days (remotely, I haven't gone into the dealership) and found myself pondering the financial impact of trading my car for one of them.

My gut feeling is that it would be amusing for a while but then I'd end up having to trade again to get back to the 6MT.
Appreciate 0