07-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #286
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
I'd say most people who buy an M3 *could* probably afford a 911 if they really could justify it. It may take some sacrifices for some, but they COULD do it. I think the hesitation for me getting a 911 in the past, and why I didn't keep the 718S I had was because I basically needed it to be my 3rd car... the balance of utility and sport and trackability goes the opposite direction as the M3 and many parts of the country it's not feasible to use a 911 year round. Also harder to haul kids/stuff... so you are almost forced to buy an additional car on top of that already more expensive car .. that puts it just out of reach of the allotted budget. That's my take anyways, I'm sure there's a lot of empty threats too.

I've moved to a 3 car household afterall so my Camaro's back seats are no longer needed and my next 3rd car will likely be a Z06 or GT car. If I can make it a 4 car household, maybe I'll welcome the G80's ugly mug back
We could afford a brand new entry level P-Car with no options for the price of a fully loaded M3 purchased at MSRP. Add options, and that P-Car ventures into territory well beyond what we paid for our M3/M4's.
Appreciate 0