06-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #275
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Have you enjoyed your F80 overall? And do you plan on getting into this new one?
It was my dream/bucket list to own M3 and as with my previous cars I planned to keep it for a long time 7-8 years or even more but soon i realized this car is not what I expected. I didn't like turbo engine (where is makes power), sound, and electric steering from, the start pretty much. Soon, I started to hate ride quality. Note this was my daily driver car. Also as excitement started to fade, it was very obvious that for 75k you get a 35k car with big improvements in performance area but is it worth 40k for a daily driver with a fun/performance kick?
The things I really like till the end were: front end grip/handling, DCT (I m sure I would like manual as well), and exterior design.
I m not excited about the upcoming M3 at all. We know they will use the same approach as with F80.
What would make me excited and wanting another M3: engine that is different enough from standard series (like gt3 does for p cars) and properly sounding exhaust, and redesigned interior- I do not want tot to look like a regular car. Red start button is not enough.