Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
$36K is actually almost $40K as initially stated.

Feel feee to blow $40K on a lease. It's your money.
It's going to depreciate around "40k" or so anyways, within three years, especially after the LCI starts dropping.

So regardless of leasing or financing, that's roughy what it's going to cost you for the keys, during that duration.

Leasing with a decent rent cost is merely just another way of paying for the price of admission and at least you don't have to worry about getting rid of it in the end.

You can simple walk away and start anew; some pragmatic folks would never put a price tag on that simple connivence.
If you think an $80K M3 is going to be $40K in 3 years you must be really new to this.
I actually said it would depreciate about to about 36k, give or take, so leasing is just another avenue of obtaining one, with little stings attached.

You're the one throwing down the "40k" number, hence the quotation..

I'm not going to argue semantics with you, my point was simple if I could obtain with a fully-loaded M4, for a $1,000 month, out the door, without having to worry about future depreciation, that's a decent price, in my humble opinion but if you found a better way, then I'm happy for you

A three year old M4, roughly 36k for three years of depreciation:
What you posted is a 5-year depreciation amount, not 3. I'm not trying to argue either. Wanted to simply point out it'd be a better financial investment to purchase an M3 and sell it 3 years down the line. M3s hold value very well. I have saved on average about $5-$10K by buying vs leasing.

An ED M3 back in 2011 I was paying $770 a month, bought it with $0, drove it for 3 years, sold for $45K, owed $39k on it.

Just something to think about to help you save some hard earned cash.